Summer Camp 2023
Registration for summer 2023 opens January 27, 2023 at 9 a.m. This summer will be Day Camps only, with the hope that overnights may be able to resume again another summer.
Thank you so much for your support of our camp and programs. Please click on the following link for a full explanation of our current Health & Safety protocols
Experience all the outdoor adventure activities, while still being able to go home at night.
- Entering Grades 1-8 (for 2023-2024 school year)
- Camp programming runs 9:00 am to 4:00 pm
- Drop off, 8:30 – 9:00 am, Pick up 4:00 – 4:30pm (If you require either early drop-off or late pick-up, please make note of that on your application.
- Price includes lunch and one daily snack. Please feel free to send additional snacks if you feel your child will require it. We are a nut safe facility, so please do not pack anything with nuts in it.
Prospects Leadership Program
Moving from camper to camp leader! Join “Prospects”
- Entering Grades 9-11 in the fall
- Price includes lunch and one daily snack. Ensure they pack more snacks if needed.
- Camp week includes a combination of leadership training, volunteer opportunities, and traditional camp activities.
Dates & Rates
**Camper eligibility is now based on School Grade. Please use your child’s grade for the 2023 – 2024 school year.
Registration will open January 27th, 2023 9:00am
|Tuesday-Friday, July 4 – 7, 2023 (Note this is a 4 – day week)||1-8||$280.00|
|Monday-Friday, July 10 – 14, 2023||1-8||$350.00|
|Monday-Friday, July 17 – 21, 2023||1-8||$350.00|
|Monday-Friday, July 24 – 28, 2023||1-8||$350.00|
|Monday-Friday, July 31 – August 4, 2023||1-8||$350.00|
|Tuesday-Friday, August 8 – 11, 2023 (Note this is a 4 – day week)||1-8||$280.00|
|Monday-Friday, August 14 – 18, 2023||1-8||$350.00|
|Monday-Friday, August 21 – 25, 2023||1-8||$350.00|
Manitou Prospects (MP) Week
|July 17 – 21, 2023
July 31 – August 4, 2023
|12 each week||9-11||$425|
Manitou Prospects week will include:
- Training involving leadership skills, activities, and working with campers: Campers will learn basic skills and knowledge that all camp leaders need to know to work with children and run activities.
- Volunteer opportunity with younger campers: Campers will have the opportunity to work with one of our younger groups, putting your skills to work and assist with being their camp leader throughout the week.
- Traditional camp activities: At the end of the camp day, the Prospects will stay for an additional two hours to enjoy camp activities including the zipline, rock climbing, low ropes, and much more!
Camp Manitou Camperships
Thank you to the Winnipeg Foundation for their continued support in making camp accessible to underserved youth through camperships.
Apply for a Camp Subsidy
Every child should have the opportunity to go to camp! Camp Manitou can help make that possible through a campership. To apply for financial assistance, follow the steps below. If successful in your application, Camp Manitou will cover the majority of your child’s camp costs.
Camp Manitou’s camperships are made possible through grants and donations. As such, the number of camperships available are dependent on our funding and can vary from year to year.
If we are not able to accommodate every campership request, the Manitoba Camping Association Sunshine Fund becomes another option. https://www.mbcamping.ca/sunshine-fund
Income Cut-Off Levels for 2023 Funding Applications (Revenue Canada) Subject to a change if Revenue Canada does an update as these figures are their 2022 amounts.
|Size of Family
(*Includes adults plus dependent children)
|Income Cut-Off Level
(*Based on gross annual income)
|7 or more||$70,449|
Steps to apply for a Camp Manitou campership:
- Register for camp first! Once registration opens, click on the “Register Now” button above to reserve your space for your preferred week of camp.
- Once we have received your camp registration, you will receive a confirmation email. Click on the campership application link in the email.
- Complete the Campership Application Form
- Submit the necessary additional items
- Manitoba Health Card
- Income verification forms (Your T4 from the current year, or your notice of assessment from last year).
- A letter or drawing indicating why your child wants to go to camp. The letter can be written by either you or your child or do it together!