Join Our Team
This is the job you want
If you love kids, there’s no better way to spend your summer than working as Camp Manitou Staff! Each year, our team works together toward one common purpose—to help every camper, as a Group Leader or Activity Leader, have fun and learn new skills in a safe environment. If this sounds like you, starting February 1st, you will be able to click on the “Join our Team” link below and fill in an application as well as download your resume and cover letter. More information about the positions found below.
If you have any questions, please send an enquiry by email to: email@example.com and we will try to answer your questions.
As well as positions for Group and Activity Leaders, we are looking for Lifeguards, Biking specialists. If interested and qualified for those positions, we would like to hear from you.
Follow the link below for all other job opportunities with True North Sports + Entertainment and the True North Youth Foundation.
Join our team if you…
- Love Kids
- Love the outdoors and have respect for nature
- Possess excellent character, integrity and adaptability
- Exhibit enthusiasm, a sense of humor, patience and self-control
- Are able to work outside with kids in summer heat for several hours at a time
- Can lead or assist in teaching an activity
- Accept supervision and guidance
- Have previous summer camp experience OR experience in working with children and youth (6-15 years of age)
Positions we are hiring for….
- Spring Staff – We hire a number of staff to begin ahead of the summer on May 1st, to host groups and teach Outdoor Education to schools and other user groups. We will give you the training needed to fulfill the requirements needed to do the position. This position then transitions into a Summer Position for July and August.
- Specialty Positions – These positions will be starting early to late spring (dependent on position and Public Health Orders)
- Mountain Bike Track Activity Leader – Experience instructing as well as bike maintenance abilities needed.
- Lifeguards including Head Lifeguard.
- Canoe/Kayak Activity Leader – Lifeguard certification an asset.
- Ropes Activity Leader (oversee the Climbing Wall/Zipline and Low Ropes course) Climbing Wall Belay training and experience needed /Instructor Belay Training certification an asset.
- Group Leaders – Start date late June
- Activity Leaders – Start date late June
- These two positions are hands on with the campers, either teaching an activity (training provided) or leading a group. These two positions are interchangeable in that you may do some of both throughout the summer.
All applicants will be required to provide a Criminal Record/Vulnerable Persons check and Child Abuse Registry Check prior to employment start date.
What do staff members say about us?
“It was a great job and a great experience! I am glad that I did it and I would recommend it.”
“I have not had a better job!”
“I liked everything about working at Camp Manitou. It does not seem like a job!”