Join Our Team
This is the job you want
If you love kids, there’s no better way to spend your summer than working as Camp Manitou Staff! Each year, our team works together toward one common purpose—to help every camper have fun and learn new skills in a safe environment.
Our current intake of staff for the Spring/Summer 2022 season has closed but we are always interested in quality candidates, if you feel you would have the qualifications to enhance our Camp Manitou staff please send an enquiry by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org and we will give you the information needed to apply.
We are currently still looking for more Lifeguards and a Medical Officer, if interested and qualified, for those positions, please click on the TNSE link below.
Follow the link below for all other job opportunities with True North Sports + Entertainment and the True North Youth Foundation.
Join our team if you…
- Love Kids
- Love the outdoors and have respect for nature
- Possess excellent character, integrity and adaptability
- Exhibit enthusiasm, a sense of humor, patience and self-control
- Are able to work outside with kids in summer heat for several hours at a time
- Can lead or assist in teaching an activity
- Accept supervision and guidance
- Have previous summer camp experience OR experience in working with children and youth (6-15 years of age)
Positions we are hiring for….
- Leadership Positions – These positions will be Spring/Summer positions
- Administrative Assistant – Assisting our Administrative Coordinator with Summer registrations and Camper scheduling.
- Programming Assistant – assisting our Programming Coordinator with all of the summer activity coordination and scheduling.
- Volunteer Leader – overseeing our Youth Volunteer program
- Prospects Leader – overseeing our Youth leadership training program
- Health Officer – Overseeing Camper Health and Special needs (dietary, medical etc…) Must have completed at least 2 years of a Nursing Program, completed a Nurses Aide or LPN course or have taken a recognized EMS course or equivalent.
- Specialty Positions – These positions will be starting early to late spring (dependent on position and Public Health Orders)
- Mountain Bike Track Activity Leader – Experience instructing as well as bike maintenance abilities needed.
- Lifeguards including Head Lifeguard.
- Canoe/Kayak Activity Leader – Lifeguard certification an asset.
- Ropes Activity Leader (oversee the Climbing Wall/Zipline and Low Ropes course) Climbing Wall Belay training and experience needed /Instructor Belay Training certification an asset.
- Program Leaders – Start date late June
- Activity Leaders – Start date late June
- These two positions are hands on with the campers, either teaching an activity (training provided) or leading a group. These two positions are interchangeable in that you may do some of both throughout the summer.
All applicants will be required to provide a Criminal Record/Vulnerable Persons check and Child Abuse Registry Check prior to employment start date.
All staff will be required to provide proof of double vaccination.
What do staff members say about us?
“It was a great job and a great experience! I am glad that I did it and I would recommend it.”
“I have not had a better job!”
“I liked everything about working at Camp Manitou. It does not seem like a job!”