Winter Break Camp 2020
Unfortunately, due to COVID, Winter Break Camp has been cancelled.
Experience all the outdoor adventure activities!
This year for Winter Break Camp we are again offering camper’s choice! Sign up for 1 day, 3 days, 4 days or all 7 days, choose wisely as every day follows a different theme!
- 7 dates to choose from!
- Monday, December 21st, 2020 WINTER
- Tuesday, December 22nd, 2020 BREAK
- Wednesday, December 23rd, 2020 CAMP
- Monday, December 28th, 2020 HAS
- Tuesday, December 29th, 2020 BEEN
- Wednesday, December 30th, 2020 CANCELLED
- Thursday, December 31st, 2020
- Ages 8-12
- $52 a day or $312 for all 7 days (sign up for 7, only pay for 6!)
- Drop off between 8:00 am – 9:00 am
- Programming from 9:00 am – 4:00 pm
- Pick-up from 4:00 pm – 5:00 pm
- Includes lunch and one daily snack
- A fun new theme each day!
Winter Activities Include:
Various outdoor activities!
This year Winter Break Camp will offer 7 days of fun filled themed activities and outdoor adventures. Each day will consist of our staple outdoor winter experiences listed above, along with themed activities to fit the day. More details to come regarding the themed days.
Monday, December 21st: Winter Around Camp Manitou
It’s important to be active during the holiday break! Join your friends and our friendly staff for cross-country skiing, snowshoeing, tobogganing and skating. We will mix in some indoor games in our gym as well.
Tuesday, December 22nd: Frozen Fun Day
Frozen Fun Day will be a chance to go an a scavenger hunt to find Elsa and play some Frozen board games. Enjoy the toboggan slide and a skate on the outdoor rink.
Wednesday, December 23rd: Foresty Fest Day
A chance to embrace the great outdoors and explore the vast forest at camp! The day will include bannock making and a winter forest craft. And of course many other winter activities!
Monday, December 28th: Ice & Snow Day
Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow! You can’t have a winter camp without a snow day, and with activities like snow art, snow soccer, and snow races, we are taking the meaning of SNOW DAY to another level. Don’t forget the maple syrup snow candy!
Tuesday, December 29th: Winter Skills Workshop
Bannock making and fire building are staple activities at our summer camp. On this day we will try them in the snow! There will also be ample time for the classic winter sports like skating and tobogganing.
Wednesday, December 30th: Snowman Day
Let’s put all of that Manitoba snow to good use! It’s time for a snowman building contest. We will also build snow forts, do a snowman craft and try a snowman hat trick!
Thursday, December 31st : Winter Picnic Day
Come try a game of “Tug of War” in the snow! And join your friends for a game of footprint tag. Making hot chocolate sounds great on a cold day!
Camp Manitou Camperships
Thank you to the Winnipeg Foundation for their support in making camp accessible to under served youth through camperships.
Apply for a Camp Subsidy
Camp Manitou’s camperships are made possible through grants and donations. As such, the number of camperships available are dependent on our funding and can vary from year to year.
Steps to apply for a Camp Manitou campership:
- Register for your preferred camp spot
- Contact Camp Manitou to confirm your spot and request a Campership Application Form
- Complete the Campership Application Form and submit the necessary additional items
- Manitoba Health Card
- Income verification forms
- A letter or drawing indicating why your child wants to go to camp. The letter can be written by either you or your child or do it together!